Choice of Lesson (Bấm chuột vào ô sổ xuống bên dưới và chọn bài kiểm tra)

Level A Level B Level C TOEFL Incorrect word TOEFL Reading Comprehension Synonym word TOEFL

Monday, August 13, 2007

I want to be possible

I want to be possible

The teacher asked her class what each wanted to become when they grew up. A chorus of responses came from all over the room.

"A football player," "A doctor," "An astronaut," "The president," "A fireman," "A teacher," "A race car driver."
Everyone that is, except Tommy. The teacher noticed he was sitting there quiet and still. So she said to him, "Tommy, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Possible" Tommy replied.

"Possible?" asked the teacher.

"Yes," Tommy said. "My mom is always telling me I'm impossible. So when I get to be big, I want to be possible."

source: vnn.vn

You don't know

Teacher:Alex! If you had a five pound note and you asked your granny for another one,what would you have?
Alex: Five pounds.
Teacher:You don`t know your arithmetic.
Alex: And you don't know my granny.....

source: vnn.vn

In stead of

It was the last day at school before Christmas when the teacher started asking all the pupils what would they like to hang on their Christmas tree.
First pupil: On my Christmas tree I will hang on a big golden star.
Second pupil: On my Christmas tree I will hang on my semester grades.
So the teacher asked the third what he would like to hang.
And so he answers: I would like to hang nothing on tree because my father says all the time that instead of my semester grades he will hang ME!!!

source: vnn.vn

No comments: